What Books that truly changed you life for the better and why?

"The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark" by Carl Sagan. He promoted science and critical thinking. 

So people could learn to distinguish what is true and what are charlatan back frauds.

• GA41

7 habits of highly effective people

How to win friends and influence people

Bible

"Jurassic Park" because it helped get me into science fiction.  "The True Believer" by Eric Hoffer because I'm curious why people join mass movements, the appeal.  Anything by Edgar Allan Poe or Lovecraft.  Those open up the mind of the reader.  I learn from each book I read. I'm arriving at the point where I'm starting to dislike some books I read. I'm usually in awe of all, but "Then She was Gone" was so simplistic I had to stop reading it.  Stephen King is my sinful treat.  I'm currently reading "Gerald's Game."  He's great with characterization and drawing a reader in.  I am reading a book, and he has managed to keep her chained to a bed for over 150 pages so far, and it's still interesting!  How does he do it?  Stephen King describes the world so well his books feel alive.

• j153e

The Path of the Higher Self; gave a theory about what life is.

The Great Divorce; a good look into soul.

For Couples Only; some relationship dynamics.

101 Things All Young Adults Should Know.

"The Search for the Perfect Golf Club" by Tom Wishon.   I changed my job because of this.   Tinkering with golf clubs are much more interesting than tinkering with a Computer Hardware.  

The story of ping.  Because it taught me about how fun it is to hit ducks.