Why do atheists who merely "lack belief in God" argue with theists? If you lack belief then there's nothing to argue about?

You only have something to argue if you believe there isn't a God.

• Favorite Answer

because those types of atheists don't just merely 'lack belief in God', dear, they are actively being hateful towards them. Atheists tend to be intellectually dishonest, dear.

Atheists believe that there is no God. They don't just lack belief in God.

• Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Its a fact that all gods are myths.

Are you aware you just contradicted yourself?  A "lack of belief in God", IS, 'believing there isn't a God', (agnostics excluded).  Just thought I'd point that out to you, since your questioning the atheist faith. 

Does your logic apply to theists, as well?  Personally, I have nothing against atheism, and see nothing to argue about, either; though, I believe there is a God.   But I ask you, how is there understanding without a discussion?  You're just gonna accept everything you hear about atheism from theists, without hearing out an atheist's view?  Would you accept atheists following by that same rationale.  

"You believe differently from me, so there is nothing to talk about", what sense does that make?  

Even though I lack a belief in  your (or anyone else's) god, there are unfortunately, many millions who do believe in a god. And that message is pounded out, 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week etc... on every medium imaginable. And when you have that many people who believe in something they have never really critically thought about why they believe it, it tends to influence their actions in their day to day lives. And those action are intended to inflict their beliefs on everyone whether they hold those beliefs or not. And most of the time those actions are intended to restrict how people think or behave to make them act like they share your beliefs whether they like it or not. That causes harm. I argue with theists to try and get to them to critically examine why they believe what they do, but doing so is so foreign to them that most of them are incapable of doing so honestly. 

• Rolexeo1 month agoReport

No, you just conclude that if people don't agree with you that they must not be thinking critically. This is very dishonest on your part

They argue with you, Rolexeo, because you constantly say things that are wrong.

For instance, in this question, you made the false statement "You only have something to argue if you believe there isn't a God." That's not so, and by saying so, I demonstrably do have something else to argue with you about.

You're right. 

Because it's fun once a while to argue and debate theists. If we do not, then how else will we be able to expose their lies and myths?