What is your favorite Teen Drama TV show(s)?

IMO: Smallville

HM: Beverly Hills 90210, Riverdale, Degrassi: The Next Generation, Runaways, Stranger Things, Dawson's Creek, The Vampire Diaries, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, Gossip Girl, Freaks & Geeks, My So-Called Life, Runaways, One Tree Hill, Friday Night Lights, The Fosters, Doogie Howser M.D, Kyle XY, The Serect World of Alex Mack, Animorphs, The 100, The O.C., The Famous Jett Jackson, Pretty Little Liars, Party of Five, The White Shadow, Sweet Valley High, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Teen Wolf, Caitlin's Way, Felicity, and The Wonder Years

• Nancy
    Favorite Answer

I really do like Smallville, a lot, lot, lot.  How weird is it that the actress who plays Chloe's going to prison for life for her role in the rapes of all those women in that sex cult she became the matriarch of?  Anyway, my favorite teen drama of all time, though, is the British teen drama Skins, which ran from 2007 to 2013 and stars a then-teenage Nicholas Hoult (The Beast, X-Men).  If you haven't seen it, see it.  You will life, you will cry, you will fall in love with Tony Stonem, played by Nicholas Hoult, and you will want to be his sister Effy, played by Kaya Scodelario (Maze Runner, costar with Dylan O'Brien).  

By the way, other honorable mentions of the original Skins cast includes Jack O'Connel (star of Broken, Oscar nominee), Dev Patel (star of Slumdog Millionaire, Oscar nominee), Joe Dempsie (Dark River, Game of Thrones), Hannah Murray (Detroit, Game of Thrones), and Daniel Kaluuya (Get Out, Black Panther, Oscar nominee). Of the original ensemble cast, only two haven't taken off to highly successful acting careers as adults.  If you haven't seen this show, you need to.  It's so, so, so, so soooooooooooo good.  And if you're into teen comedies, a super-funny British teen comedy is The Inbetweeners, called that because the kids are all 16 and 17, which in the UK is time period between finishing high school and starting university, a time when kids are preparing for what's called their A-levels, the exams that will decide what, if any, university they can qualify for.

Also, I think Teen Wolf is worth a mention, which you did mention it.  On one hand, I like Smallville better because it's so binge-worthy and has so many seasons.  I mean, you can literally make a whole weekend out of binging Smallville.  And what's not to love about Tom Welling?!  But then Teen Wolf is so excellent!  Well, the first seasons are.  If it weren't for the last seasons, when it kind of went off the rails, when Crystal Reed and Dylan O'Brien weren't on it anymore, I'd say it'd be better than Smallville.  If only it had Smallville's longevity of goodness!  Still, Holland Roden was killer in the final seasons, like so good, making them still extremely watchable.

• 3 days ago

I really do like Smallville, a lot, lot, lot. How weird is it that the actress who plays Chloe's going to prison for life for her role in the rapes of all those women in that sex cult she became the matriarch of? Anyway, my favorite teen drama of all time, though, is the British teen drama Skins, which ran from 2007 to 2013 and stars a then-teenage Nicholas Hoult (The Beast, X-Men). If you haven't seen it, see it. You will life, you will cry, you will fall in love with Tony Stonem, played by Nicholas Hoult, and you will want to be his sister Effy, played by Kaya Scodelario (Maze Runner, costar with Dylan O'Brien).

Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. Freaks and Geeks. Gilmore Girls. The Wonder Years. 

• audrey

Beverly Hills 90210.

• Snid

Old time. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Especially the high school years.  I liked Riverdale until this season.  I think it's awful this season.  All time favorite is Veronica Mars.

Smallville. Clark's transition to Superman was handled perfectly.

Buffy and Veronica Mars stand out head and shoulders above everything else on your list.

Riverdale, it's one of my favorites.

When I was a kid I liked The Wonder Years the most out of the shows you named because of the soundtrack and his sister. That's where I first heard classic 60s songs.