Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

Why do guests get mad when your cooking their meals in an easy bake oven?

It's an oven what's the big deal 

People is so high maintenance now days

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You can only cook one at a time. You need more easy bake ovens.

• Login to reply the answers
  • J.S.
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

It takes a long time to cook anything in an easy bake oven

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Barbie dolls are so demanding these days !  Maybe just invite Ken next time.

• 4 weeks ago

It takes so long to bake something in an Easy Bake Oven and you can only cook/bake a very small amount at a time so you are..

Serving your guests VERY small portions. 

Serving your guests at different times so one person is eating while others have to wait. 

Or if you cook/bake all in advance they will all be cold by the time you serve. 

So it is not the oven it was cooked/baked in it is the service. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What business is it of theirs how you cooked it?  Obviously you have guests who aren't worth inviting.  A polite guest wouldn't even ask and just enjoy the meal if it tastes good.

Just out of interest, it was not the done thing in the past at dinner parties in posh or aristocratic households to comment on the food at all.  The servants have cooked it and you expect it to be good anyway.

But in the modern world where we don't have servants and do our own cooking, then of course it's good to recognise that the host has actually cooked it themselves and remark on how yummy it is (if that's true!)  This isn't a cooking competition, it's dinner.  Clearly your guests haven't understood this.

Of course if your host prides themselves on their cooking and then serves up something that isn't made from scratch, there is something to say.

It's also certainly not easy to host AND cook at the same time.  If I did it, I would certainly choose something easy that means I'm not abandoning my guests.  So maybe not a risotto - that needs 20 minutes of standing over it and stirring.  Or maybe I would with friends who don't mind having drinks in the kitchen.

What IS an "easy bake oven" anyway?  Never heard of it.  Ovens are ovens.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.