Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

My father doesn’t allow me to live my life?

My parents are great individuals but my father doesn’t allow me to live my life. For example, when I went to college I was offered cool internships that led to jobs and he was upset because I didn’t ask for his input. He did not attend college. I also was able to do various things on my own like maintain a long relationship, purchase my own new car, etc. he seems offended by everything and is always upset. Why?

Favorite Answer

Sounds like your dad is insecure about the fact that he did not go to college. He feels like he has something to prove. If you want, try to say positive things to boost your dad's ego a little bit, give him compliments when he does something right or smart.

maybe hes jealous of you

And now that you are an adult, you can live your life however you want!!!

he might be jealous

• ?

No one here is going to know why your ad needs to feel in control of your life. For some parents, children aren't their own persona but possesions.

I have no idea if your dad is like this, but stop waiting for your dad's approval and just go out and live your life. If he gets upset it's his problem, not yours.

YOU WANT THE BLEEP BLAH, ON OUR WAY (LITTLE DADDY)