Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 2 months ago

is it absolutely vital to latch onto some sort of JS framework such as react, node, vue etc ?

or would an employer overlook the fact youve yet to get your hands dirty with any of them, but can see you have a very deep and in depth understanding of native js ?

I write javascript code like its second nature to me, i dont think i just code.

this is due to the fact ive been writing javascript front-end applications since 2003. I have a very strong understanding behind callbacks, promises, event handling/propagation and bubbling and so forth.

Is it high time then, I start playing with some of these js frameworks and if so, which one(s) would you suggest I take a look at ?

• Chris
    Favorite Answer

Node is very different from React and Vue. It's an engine for server-side or stand-alone JS.

Anyway, yes, definitely look into at least one of them. I suggest React because to me it's easily the best compared to Vue and Angular.

As somebody who has a deep understanding of Vanilla JS you shouldn't have any issues with getting into any framework however, so I don't think a potential employer will exclude you because they think you won't "get" React or Vue. They might however wonder why you didn't look at them yourself yet, given that you specialize in frontend dev.

Most JS programmers start with a jQuery because it is so popular. But the more frameworks you know the better chance you'll get a job. The job requirements always list lots of things (JS, frameworks, CSS, HTML, Git repository, databases, Babel, WebPack) so you won't get far without them.

You should be able to program in ES6 since many companies ask for it. 

Companies are asking for the frameworks so you need to be able to say you know them. Even though when it comes to a job interview they will be very impressed by all the working websites you can show them.