Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 3 weeks ago

Was Issac Newton a dunce for being a genius yet holding personal theism??

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Dixon
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

He was naive for taking the Bible as true but given the era and that he was most likely high functioning autistic it isn't really much of a surprise. So yes, he was a bit of a dunce imho. But I am more surprised by any of today's scientists who adhere to particular religions, given how much more we know now about science and indeed religions.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yes, well done, that Newton fool was clearly a right thicky!  Apparently he was nicknamed Duncy at school, and had to wear a dunce cap. Plus, lets not forget Einstein, as he was really thick!  He kept going on about something called the cosmological constant, but the stupid bastard couldnt prove it. And that Shakespeare guy - what an idiot - writing about ghosts when they clearly dont exist!   Thank god our present era is overflowing with geniuses to save us from the mistakes of the past! Phew!!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

If, at the end of your life, you discover that theism was correct then who would be the dunce?  It is typical of a fool that they discount anyone else whose views and beliefs differ.  But they can be dangerous fools nonetheless.  I have my own personal reasons for theism.  They are none of your business.  But from where I can see the situation a dunce includes someone who rejects a view as impossible when there is no evidence that can confirm their rejection.

• 3 weeks ago

i dont think so

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

A popular Scientific view (agnosticism) holds that the 

existence of God can't be proven or dis-proven.

("Agnostics do not deny the existence of God—instead, they hold that one cannot know for certain whether or not God exists. The term agnostic was coined by the 19th-century British scientist Thomas H. Huxley, who believed that only material phenomena were objects of exact knowledge.")

Theism runs the  spectrum from Olympians to Wiccans with much between.

Spirituality is frequently associated with respect for 

Mother Nature.

Cutting Newton some slack seems reasonable.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

his iq was likely double yours .. it should tell you something .. what most people dont realize is just about all of 'origins' history has been erased ... they went in and burned and destroyed all of it globally to sell you a version of reality that gets you on their program .. about the only thing that has survived is biblical history and that was repressed for centuries by the roman catholics .. if your wise you should consider it ..

• 3 weeks ago

Nope...........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.