Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Is this a good plan to make a new dog breed?

I buy four dogs: One Pit Bull, one Rottweiler, one Doberman Pinscher and one Wolfdog. I breed them to each other and then give the four parents to a shelter once their puppies can survive without them.

I then breed the puppies with members of the other litter. When I get the four breeds mixed together, I breed them for several generations. Is it a good plan, and if so, how do I get it recognized as an official breed?

The purpose of the breed is to be a good guard/watch dog.

Favorite Answer

It's not a good plan. It's a GREAT plan you freaking genius! Good luck!

Oh dear !!!!

Absolutely NO chance of this happening thank god... please crawl back under your stone.

• Jack H

Their breed will be mongrels, they would never, ever be recognised and you would have killed literally hundreds of puppies over the ten or so years you would have wasted...

• Jimbot

You wanting to create human killing machines?

The result would be a mutt and would never be a breed.

Pit bulls and wolf mixes make terrible guard dogs... So why mix them in?   Dobermans aren't as good of guard dogs as they once we're either...  So why use them?

• PR

Once the puppies are old enough to survive, they can eat you for inbreeding aggressive dogs and sending their parent dogs to the shelter.

i would hope so, maybe you should talk to a breeder about it

• Hündin
      4 weeks agoReport

and take out insurance of course.

And what is the PURPOSE of the new dog breed? Dog breeds have ALWAYS been created for a PURPOSE. What makes you think a combo will be better than what exists today?

How is a mix of 4 very different (rather than similar breeds) going to be anything special or better than any of the purebreds? It is more likely to be a WATERED DOWN version of any one of them not a super dog. Even if you get something from this long-term (years & years of breeding efforts to get anything that breeds TRUE) a lot of CULLING may also have to occur. (Are you up for that?) It does NOT mean there is any demand (or ever will be) FOR the result. Some breeds have gone EXTINCT - due to lack of demand.

If you do not know how HARD it is to get mixes to breed into a pure and expected (regulated) format and you do not know how NEW breeds are only OCCASIONALLY recognized (by AKC or UKC) then maybe you need to do some research before spending all that time and money. It is not my job to do YOUR WORK FOR YOU.