Breastfeeding and drinking. ?

I’ve read up and have found that there is conflicting information when it comes to drinking and breastfeeding. So this is a question requesting personal info, have any of you ladies here had issues when it came to drinking one or two beers and breastfeeding your infant? With milk supply or your baby having issues sleeping? I honestly don’t drink that much, the occasional beer or two.

• KatieC
    Favorite Answer

Everyone tends to give different information, but my doctor had told me the occasional (once a week or so) beer/glass of wine or two was completely fine. She said to wait a couple of hours before nursing, and nearly all if not all of the alcohol would be out of the milk anyway. My daughter is almost 3 now, and is totally fine. AND as a side note, I did notice beer gave my supply a little bump. 

It's perfectly safe to have a drink or two and breastfeed.  You don't even need to wait.  If you feel tipsy, don't breastfeed.

I'm all for it if my makes my child sleep a little longer.

i wouldnt drink while breastfeeding cause then your baby will be drinking too

"With visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads". Sugerplums were cubes of sugar tied into a handkerchief and then doused in bourbon. Good for teething, but that was a hundred years ago.