Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

How to get over losing your job even when you just got a new job?

If I post the situation, there's likely to be a troll to blame me.

Everything happened this month with me from losing a job to then getting a new job.

I didn't even say, "Bye," to the people I really liked/respected at my last job.

I've been holding up okay, no crying or lashing out, but what happened at my last job is on my mind despite getting a job offer last week. 

I got a job offer last week. I'm awaiting my orientation once my background check is all over. The job is a dollar less than what I was making. 

You get over losing a job by learning from your mistakes and recognizing their mistakes, too. Losing a job is part of life. Sometimes it's fair, sometimes it's not fair. Usually, it's a little bit of both. Someday, if you become a boss, maybe you'll remember this experience and do what you can to help a struggling employee.

You put on your big boy or big girl pants and get over it.

I did an absolutely totally amazing job at a position.  It was a big company that decided to lay off 60 engineers globally. My name came up and nobody could help because it had all been decided at a corporate office 3,000 miles away.  Took me a year to find a new job - I lasted 4 days and was fired because one of the customers mistook me for a person who tried to fill my old job, failed, and was fired.  Not my fault but I was still out of a job.  To put food on the table for the wife and three young boys, I would hop on my ATV with a 22 and go kill something every other day.  I was pulling scrap lead, copper and brass from defunct vehicles kids had stolen and burned to make my house payments.  I was a salvager long before it was popular in a Star Wars movie.  Not many calls for an engineer in my neck of the woods.  I basically had to hold out until someone died.  

I found it an interesting challenge.  I also learned the new wife could cook anything I brought home and the girl could stretch a dollar like it was made of soft rubber.

I don't know who said it.  I should look it up.  The measure of a man is now how he is in success - its how they act with disappointment.      

• Damien

doesnt matter, ive been fired almost every year for the past decade, youll get used to it and not be too upset, keep trying till u get a job where it sticks