Should i fix my laptop screen?

Lenovo Y510P MFG Date: 14/02/13. I broke my laptop a couple years ago and I didn’t wanna pay the reparation fees. If I fix it now will it still work? Or will it be too outdated? Is it worth fixing?

Bought in Feb-2014

• A.J.
    Favorite Answer

Depending upon the graphics card, cpu, and amount of ram, the system in working order in the USA is $200 to $600.

It is a relatively easy replacement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcrRcTgL_1Y

Youtube thumbnail

Screen should be $65 plus shipping or less

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Lenovo/...

The actual total cost is location dependent.

Repair shops vary a lot in price.

It's generally worth repairing, but how much it's worth repairing takes more details.

Depends on the specification. There are 4th gen i7 laptops worth fixing. If it's a dual core older processor with slow integrated GPU, probably not

• Damien

screens are easy to replace, will cost u around 80 bucks. no laptops are outdated unless they dont have a wifi or usb connection.

You can order the screen off of eBay for about $50 and it's worth fixing. it's no harder to put a screen in on your computer than it is to mount a picture in a picture frame you might need to upgrade to Windows 10 and you might need to put a little bit more RAM in the computer but it should still be new enough where it can take additional RAM and upgrade to Windows 10

Nah, the most important part is the storage (assuming it has one). You could disassemble and sell other components.

• David

It isn't too outdated, and should run windows 10 well. Depends on how much it is gonna cost to get fixed