SSDI working ?

I permanently disabled as I am a paraplegic, Right now I have a home care aide a day. Helps with stuff that are Difficult for me. I am not working full time. Will I lose my aide?

funny, there is a joe who is paraplegic and is working full time.

if you will lose the aide depends on what program provides it.  I've known a lot of paraplegics....none need an aide, at most maybe a couple hours per month...but their homes were fully accessible.

medicaid should only be paying if you need help with personal care (bathing, dressing, preparing meals)....most paras don't.

• Judith

Why would you?  Did you withhold information when you requested the services of a home health care worker?  Contact the agency providing the service and ask them.

• Judith
      3 weeks agoReport

Medicaid.  You don't necessarily have to be on SSI to have Medicaid - it depends upon your income.  Lots of people have Medicaid who aren't eligible for SSI.

• If your needs are the same, and it helps you to be prepared for work, unlikely. It depends on how much time is spent and what they do.

You might want to give more details so people can help.

• Joe4 weeks agoReport

Like?