How to ease soda withdrawl?

I drink soda morning, noon and night. Coca cola. Im on day 2 of detoxing cold turkey. The headaches are terrible and making me nauseous. Please help before i just go drink a damn soda.... 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

you could just do it gradually.

the headaches is from caffeine withdrawl and if you slow down your soda consumption, replacing the soda with water, juice, herbal tea, etc, it will take about 2 weeks to get off it completely but you won't notice the withdrawl so much.

I did that with coffee. I just replaced on cup of coffee with something else for a couple days and then replaced 2 cups of coffee with something else adn kept at it till I was down to 1 cup of coffee and then none.

Easy peasy.

You don't HAVE to go cold turkey.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

Black coffee or tea. The headaches are from caffeine withdrawal. Coffee has no calories by itself. Adding sugar and flavoring makes it as bad as soda.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I would have to know if you drank it for caffeine, taste, or habit. 

• 3 weeks ago

Get some seltzer or sparking water to replace it. Answer my question please, thanks. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

You might try flavored waters or adding lemon or lime juice to ice water. Or if you miss the fizz drink seltzer water with and add a touch of juice to it.

• 3 weeks ago

I am a big fan of weening off of stuff--like just cutting the cola with a 1/4 cup of seltzer for the first week---then a 1/2 the next week--then 3/4 the next week...….then off then next.

• 3 weeks ago

It takes a week to get rid of the headaches - be sure to drink lots of water.

• 3 weeks ago

You're experiencing sugar withdrawals and it's probably the best thing you've ever done in your life. You might want to google The Dangers of Sugar YouTube... you'll see why you're doing yourself a favor

• 3 weeks ago

I believe that coke leaches the calcium from your bones which long term can be very serious. You need to start drinking water - Coke does not satisfy your thirst it just makes you thirsty again soon.

• 3 weeks ago

Switch to fruit juice. it will give you the sugar fix you need without the bad stuff.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.