Martin asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

What's your opinion of the Israel/Palestine conflict.?

• falcon

No peace will be made in our life time

The Palestinians need to get rid of Hamas and their Iranian supporters. Why are the Sunni Muslims being used by Shias? 

THE JEWS deserves the right to have their own nation just like any other nation's to live in peace and do their own thing just like every one else,sadly there is just too much hate and conflict as to who owns what,HOW true that witch is written JERUSALEM will become a burden some stone to many and woo to those who try to lift IT,and even more so it belongs to GOD and is not for rent or to be divided and HE is keeping a close eye on it.   

The Arabs have named schools after suicide bombers, the Israelis have named roads after Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela.

Israel have stolen the Palestinians land being the greedy gits that they are. I believe Israel should be tried for war crimes.

• Lv 5

It has been the Land Of Israel for 4000 years no matter what the Romans called it

Israel having faced down tyranny have become tyrants and many Israelis are disgusted with actions carried out in their name.  

An unjust peace is no peace at all. I worry about what Israel has become, it is a very long way from the spirit of their founding principles.

One side has rejected every peace plan that has been put to them. Funnily enough, every year that passes and they refuse peace, they lose territory. I'm sure they'll reject Trump's peace plan, and in 5 years time we'll look back and see that they lost even more ground. They're not the brightest our Pally friends. 

• Lv 5

and I love the Jews and I am a Christian but do hate the Islamic cult and the pagan Mohamed

There have been no existential threats to Israel for many years.  Hopefully despite the lurch to the right in the Knesset, sanity and humanity can prevail. The land grab needs to stop and it is long overdue to stop human rights abuses of Palestinians. 

Israel appear unwilling to return to their pre 67 borders despite longstanding UN resolutions hopefully they can at the very least negotiate in good faith for peace. 

I don't really have one. Should I have one? And if so, should I have an opinion on the hundreds, if not thousands of other conflicts and territorial disputes? Sounds pointless to be concerning myself with conflicts that don't affect me.