Doesn’t a guy get credit for being married so long?

This fantasy about happily ever after is a farce!

I been married probably a lot longer than you defenders of marriage that only have less than 10 or 20 years.

Let me tell you the nightmare will begin soon enough or you are in denial.

I’m mixing things up a bit for my own mental health.  Maybe after 10 or 20 flings I can settle in and pretend to have the moral high ground like the rest of you and espouse the virtues of marriage...bunch of hypocrites.

Anyhow to each his own.  I hope this is my last post as I’ve gathered enough conflicting information about marriage here to last at least until the next time I go crazy.

• Foofa

Any couple that lasts a long time deserves some credit, both partners. But some years ago we celebrated my grandparents' (now deceased) 70th wedding anniversary and they both went to their graves having fulfilled the vows they took. So you can hold your opinions about fidelity being a farce but I've seen with my own eyes that some can actually make it work.

"This fantasy about happily ever after is a farce!" - TRUE. NOTHING in life is going to guarantee you ever lasting happiness and to go into anything assuming it will always be rosey is foolish. Anything worthwhile is going to take commitment, work and effort to keep it being good. That isn't to say it can't be great, worthwhile, really good for you in the long run,and even the best thing in your life.

Even a dream job can have moments that suck - a deadline missed, a cranky boss or coworker, your sick and don't want to go in, whatever. That doesn't mean you throw in the towel and face the unemployment queues. You work through that, keeping your job, and benefiting from staying in it for the long haul. You work hard to make it what you want it to be, to do the best job you can.

If you started off by lying and betraying your marriage I can see that really being there isn't a priority in your life, which is probably where the trouble really started - with you and your attitude.

• n2mama

Sure, great, you get credit for claiming to be married at all, much less for an extended time. Most of us that have been married for more than a few years either understand what it takes to stay married and would never think of coming on a forum like this to ask about how to have affairs and escape the jailer of our spouse. Or we would have decided to either seek counseling or get divorced. Don’t know what kind of praise or credit you are looking for, especially considering all the crap you’ve spewed on here the last few days, but I also hope this will be your last post.

• n2mama
      1 month agoReport

I’ve been married for 20 years, buddy. Your assumptions are so comically wrong. I think you are a troll, or a ghost account for UV because you’re bored.

I too have been with my girl for 50 years.  And my good friends have passed 65 years of happy marriage.  If that represents " in denial" then I will take my life over yours any day.  You are certainly "mixed up" just as you admit on line 8.  ( Speaking of hypocrisy you are an expert).

let me join you in hoping this is your last post.

Source(s): happily married 29 years, don't believe you have a wife
  • I'm just coming up to 50 years of marriage. It worked for us - but we made an effort. Some people can't be bothered and give up the moment something untoward happens.