Cops asked if I was naked?

The cops were called to my house for really no reason. I was alone. Three armed white cops came in my room. I'm a black girl. The cops asked was I naked and pulled the cover off me. I felt violated. I was angry. Why would I be naked? Why would they even ask that? I never told anyone. People would just tease me about it anyway. I can't stop thinking about it. It makes me so angry and feel so violated. I didn't even want to use the covers they touched anymore. I threw them away.

• Joe S

First of all, I'm sorry that this happened to you.  I've been in the same scenario from a police perspective.  I'll give you a brief synopsis of it below, so you can try to understand why they might have done it.  I can't say for certain, because I obviously wasn't there, but 

The 9-1-1 call was from a woman who said that she was being attacked by someone, then hung up the phone.  There was no answer when attempts to call back were made.  I was dispatched, along with a couple others.  

We get to the house, and there's no answer.  Because of the fact that someone said they were actively being attacked, we had to kick in the door to get in.  We go through the house, and find nothing until we get to a back bedroom.  There was a young woman covered in a blanket laying on the bed, and she was sort of conscious.  

When we got into the room I asked if she was naked so I could remove the blanket (for two reasons: to make sure she was OK because I couldn't see if she was bleeding and to make sure her attacker wasn't hiding underneath).  To make a long story short, she was in shock and not really answering any questions only blankly starring off into space, so I removed the blanket.  She had a bunch of stab wounds and she was bleeding.  

I didn't care about the woman being naked under the blanket (you encounter naked people A LOT as a police officer).  My only concern was on making sure she wasn't injured, and if she was injured or attacket - finding her attacker.  So why did I ask her if she was naked?  Because I understand that she might be ashamed to be naked in front of other people, and I wanted to show her consideration.  My intent wasn't to violate her in any way (or make her feel ashamed at all), my concern was to just make sure everyone was safe (both her and the responding officers).  

Notice I didn't say anything about race or anything....  *MOST* police officers don't really care if you're white or black.  When I was called somewhere, I would do what needed to be done to resolve the issue.  There was no difference in anything if anyone was black or they were white (either victim or responsible party), it would be handled the same way.  

I would hope that you're able to talk to your closest friends about this matter, without the fear of him/her judging you.  Those who do judge you, or tease or poke fun at you, aren't deserving enough for you to call them a friend - because you deserve to be treated fairly especially by your closest friends.  For those who don't meet those standards, just drop them and move along to someone who will...  

Source(s): Retired Law Enforcement
  • james

Has to be America.  Were life is always deadly in sight of the cops. I believe you. American cops are like that. They need to see if you had a gun or weapon for there safety. & to * with what you like as a citizen. 

• Sky

I call bullshit.  Your story is nothing more than a fantasy, and a pretty poorly written one at that.  If this happened it would be nationwide news with outrage against the intruding police.

Great story, Scrappy.

• Dan

Honestly, I love it when cops come to my house for no reason and check to see if I'm naked.  It's pretty hot most of the time.  It's happened so often, I've actually thought about writing some romance novels based on this.

They asked because if you said yes then they would have either let you get dressed or gotten a female police officer so that the men wouldn't see you naked.

Your trolling skills are not impressive. Your story is even less believable.

Is that picture you? Are you trying to tell us you're black?.. lol.. back to the padded cell

Troll post, what difference would it make what race you were if that really happened? Would you be here complaining if you were a white girl? or you like using the race card to see what kind of crap you can stir up.

And in your most current post after this one (by 3 minutes) you said the police are called to your house all the time. So in this post you say for no reason, but yet in your other post you say they are called there all the time (which is it?)

Out of your 69 questions, everyone of them somebody is picking on you, you are being harassed, picked on, bullied, abused, nobody likes you and the list goes on. You have a mental issue

To take this TROLL post a couple steps further

#1) if they showed up at your house and busted in your room, they had a reason and it had to come from a phone call stating you needed help. They just didn't drive by your house and say "hell boys lets just break into this house".

#2) The officers were armed you say? Ya they probably were, police officers are armed. So why do you feel that was an important part of the story. I know why for the injustice you want to project in your fiction story

#3) NO they didn't just grab the covers off your bed. But it adds to the suspense

#4) You threw away the blankets? Ya, another dramatic touch.

You added to much to this story to make it believable, and if this did happen exactly the way you said and it was so dramatic and you were so violated, you would have been on the phone calling the TV stations, your black neighborhood civil rights minister, and making a complaint to a lawyer, after you contacted the chief of police.

You did none of that? Next time you come here with BS stories, do some research, then come back with a story that people (with common sense) can believe, this one is not believable

• Jim

A beautiful story.