Anonymous

Is it just me or do Australians tend to dislike American people?

I have noticed that here in Australia my mom and dad (who are American) along with the rest of our family seem to be treated differently by ordinary people in the land down under. People here seem to see themselves as superior, based on what I hear from professors at my university as well as students my age. 

Medical practitioners here also seem to dislike dealing with us, even though we have a very good private health insurance plan over here, and mom is always a very pleasant and compliant patient. Despite this, we seem to be treated like second class citizens, even though both parents have good jobs and pay a lot in taxes. I overhear rude remarks here about Americans all the time, it’s ridiculous.

Why is there so much of an attitude toward people from the USA? This doesn’t seem to be the case for Canadians or Brits. I’m proud of my American heritage, but it seems people here really don’t like us...

If they don’t like Americans then they better stay away from google , youtube , Facebook , McDonald’s, iPhones etc since all those things were invented by Americans .

I think it’s ironic when a person expresses hatred towards Americans or towards the U.S. while drinking a Coca-Cola at Burger King !

I would think it's safe to assume in

this day & age that the world has huge

Disdain for our country + the ppl too !

................................................................................

• fdf3 weeks agoReport

Why ?Do you realize how generous are Americans whenever there’s a natural disaster in Asia , Africa ,Latin America etc ? They are generous not just by making huge monetary donations but also by actually going there in order to help the victims .We have a wonderful country and our people are amazing.

Its like the opposite, But actually Americans dislike anyone who is not American.

• fdf3 weeks agoReport

want to talk about countries that hate the U.S. yet they exports millions of illegal immigrants to the U.S.

• Sam

I don't know the answer to your question, maybe they are and maybe they aren't. 

But I do want to tell you that your mom need to learn to be a bad patient because good patients get ignored, and they get sick and die.  Doctors are not gods, as much as they  might think they are sometimes. That is regardless of where you are..  

I tell any new doctor I might get, upfront, "I am a bad patient and will not always do what you want, but I will listen to any suggestion you have, and take it under serious consideration. 

And btw, I have out lived most of  my doctors.  

They don't run the show of your life, unless you let them. 

You can be respectful though, as long as they are to you. If they don't give you the time of day, don't give it to them and move on. Doctors are a dime a dozen.  If you don't like one, pick another until you find one you like,  an intelligent one I hope. 

Edit:   And I suggest you not worry too much about people not liking Americans.  People will either find things to dislike you or like you. It's just the way people are, sadly.  I try to be nice to everyone, regardless of age race sex religion nationality, etc.  Then it's their choice whether to like me or not.  If they don't, I can't make them.  Good luck..  Have a happy life.   

Source(s): Happiness is not a station you arrive at, it isn't someplace you get to. But it's the best vehicle to use to get to where you want to go. Happiness is way of traveling through life, all you have to do is chose that method of travel. Book me on the happy train please ;) I hope you're aboard.
  • A.J.

It's recent and very amplified by Trump. Americans are considered rude, obnoxious, uncaring, and global rules not applying. Australians ARE now superior to Americans because even if some regions have nutty politicians, most of the country is civil and knows right from wrong.

• Sam
      4 weeks agoReport

Definitely Trump has given us, the USA,  a poor image.   Hopefully, the rest of the world is bright enough to realize that it is the minority who back the conman scam artist crook.