Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 month ago

What degree angle is between the red and yellow line?

If you can’t tell for sure, can you give an estimated range? Thanks 

Looks like 3.8 degrees

I would have guessed 10, but it's much less.

• Lôn

I would estimate 4 degrees.

• oubaas

Θ angle ≅ 360*5/(140*PI) ≅ 4.1°

• ali1 month agoReport

Is this including the red and yellow lines or only the distance in between?

Update – my method

I copied and pasted the image onto a grid in a drawing program. Then dropped a perpendicular from the end of the yellow line to the red line.  This gives a long thin triangle, which rotated looks like this:

A

B. . . . . .C

AC is the yellow line and BC is the red line.  Measure AB and BC using grid units.  I got AB = 1.1 and BC = 16.

Then using trignometry:

Angle C = tan⁻¹(1.1/16) = 4º approximately

The distances are a little tricky to measure accurately on the computer screen so I gave the range as 3º and 5º.

___________

Between 3º and 5º.  So approximately 4º.

• ali1 month agoReport

If you want to estimate it, I would draw a line for example perpendicular to the yellow one.  Imagine a line 1/2 between the new line and the yellow line, that's 45 deg.  Half it again, that's 22.5 deg.  Half it again, that's 11.25 deg.  Keep going till you get close to the red line or can make a reasonable guess.

Or, draw a line perpendicular to the yellow line at the end.  sin angle = the distance from the yellow line to the red line / length of the red line to the intersection of the new line.  For example, the new line is 1/2 inch and the red line is 10 in.  sin angle = 0.05 so the angle is 2.9 deg.

the 2.9 deg is an example as I said, I have no way of measuring distances from your picture.

• 1 month agoReport

The angle shown in the picture is 2.9 degrees or is that just an example you’re giving?

Not a lot... Maybe 12-15 degress