Bob asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 4 weeks ago

Which would be easier to eradicate; Ebola or Measles?

Funding and politics aside, medically speaking, assuming we had everything we needed (such as public backing) which disease would be easier to eradicate and which would prove more tricky and difficult?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Measles would be easier. In fact it was once all but eradicated in the US until some cases showed up again recently in kids who never got their vaccinations. Their moms refused to have their kids vaccinated because they claim vaccinations lead to autism even though medical tests disproved that.

In any case the measles vaccine is long-standing vaccine that has proved highly effective against the disease over time and wide areas.

Not so much the Ebola vaccine. It's rather new (1918) so it hasn't had the test of time to prove its effectiveness over a long time and wide areas. Unfortunately I have no clue how its use plays out in the political field in Africa. I don't know if the African moms have the same reservations about vaccines that some American moms have. Not clear that the Ebola vaccine has been around long enough to indicate how the moms feel in general.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

My goodness - your overall ignorance is really painful to see. Even the CDC recommend high doses of Vitamin A and Ebola is nothing else than variola but it is good to scare the gullible.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

measles obviously, as we already have a working vaccine against it.

• 4 weeks ago

they are all caused by vaccines

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • abdul
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Measles would be easier, because they don't mutate like ebola does. In the US, we had eliminated measles from our population until we brought in so many 3rd worlders and the anti vaccine thing started. Now we have measles epidemics again.

• Brian
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

We don't even know where the Ebola 'reservoir' is.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Measles WAS pretty much eradicated... At least in most modern developed nations. It wasn't a serious problem until the anti-immunization MORONS started spreading their LIES about the MMR vaccine causing health problems. People stopped getting their children immunized, so when they were exposed to infected children from third-world countries, the disease started to spread again.

• 4 weeks ago

I dont know the answer but I can pray without ceasing  we will rid the world of it all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.