Why do some employers still judge people with tattoos? Like you don't see any defense attorneys loaded with tattoos?

i was watching a nova episode of the amazonian rain forest  and the native people went to the amazon river to worship it. the women's legs were covered in tattoos. it is like a cultural thing, an aboriginal tribal culture thing.

Source(s): cultural anthropology and social anthropology.

Yes, you do.  I'm an attorney and I have tattoos and others at my firm have tattoos.  But we wear long-sleeve shirts and suits.  So you can't see them.  If I take off my jacket, though, you can see my tattoos through my white shirt because people have commented on them.  That's why I normally wear undershirts-- so I can take my suit jacket off and not need to worry about who might notice the tattoos I have on my arms and chest.

By the way, why some employers still judge people with tattoos is because their customers and various stakeholders still do.  For many businesses, an employee having visible tattoos is potentially detrimental to their business and negatively affects their brand by being not just off-brand but counter-brand.  An employer has the right to control its image, the image it puts forward to its customers, to its peers in the marketplace, to suppliers, to investors, and to the public at large.  That image first and foremost comes from its employees, so it has a right to not hire or fire employees who disrupt their right to do business in this way, the only exception being legally protected classes (i.e., choosing to not hire or to fire an employee because of their race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, etc.).

You seem to have some kind of chip on your shoulder... your history shows someone who is very unhappy with their life, but feels it's all someone elses fault. 

I've found that, generally, employers  employ the the best candidate for the job. 

Their business, their choice. 

• Jolene

Defense attorneys wear suits. Their arms, chest, legs, etc...could be covered with ink.