Anonymous

Is it bad that my gay friend is getting married to his best female friend?

So my friend is gay and is in his 30s. Well none of his other relationships with gay men worked out and he fell in love with one of his female best friends, like he just cares for her and likes someone to love. But I don’t think he is sexually really attracted to her. Well she likes him and they have decided to get married and settle down together. I mean he told me he is gay and he also is somewhat feminine.

• Mark

No,

Marriage is a truly a great thing but

so many ppl get married who are not

emotionally mature enough to & then

get sad !!

Good  luck to them 

• A.J.

"fell in love with one of his female best friends" = not strictly gay. There is a variety of new descriptions. You describe what is likely a platonic relationship. You can love a sibling or parent and live with him/her. People can have a marriage of convenience. The only "bad" is that gay friend, if actually and strictly gay, did not give himself the opportunity to find the right partner and is settling. The marriage is a legal one, but has some moral questions of what we think a marriage should be. There are marriages for green cards (residence) that don't fit our concept of marriage.

It happens that society has a wider view of living arrangements and marriage. I live in Las Vegas and we still have over 80,000 a year here, but was over 100,000. There are fewer marriages in the USA despite rise in population.

That could work easily if neither of them is very sexual.  It could also work if he is actually bisexual, but was always more inclined toward guys before - that wouldn't preclude "doing his marital duty".

HER sexual appetite and any desire to become a mother (if he really is strictly homosexual) might be more important considerations for them.  But there's no reason this couldn't work.

Hey maybe he’s getting cured