does windows 10 spy on its users and track everything you do?

and if it does, is this not a privacy breach?

someone recently wrote this in an answer to my question ;

''  PRIVACY

you can have privacy from microsoft with windows 7

but windows 10 tracks everywhere you go and everything you do and sends it all back to Microsoft, you can turn some of the tracking off but some of it is built into the core of the operating system so cant be disabled ''

........................................................................................................................................

i have yet to upgrade to windows 10 but are worried in doing so when i read stories like that.

any thoughts?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Adrian
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Win10 does do tracking, hidden well below levels that users can normally see. It is part or the license agreement (EULA) that you agree to when deciding to use WIn10. Thus, it is not an invasion of privacy, because by using Win10, you give permission to Microsift to track everything you do.

If you read the details of the EULA, MS even has the right to read your files and emails, without notifying you.

How legal this all is depends on a given country's laws, but for the most part, you give MS the rights to do what they want with Win10 when you decide to use it.

Yes, there was tracking and such in Win7 and WIn8.x as well, but it does not seem to be as much as it is now with Win10.

MS has to make money with Win10, having given it away "free" as upgrades a few years ago. They make their money by selling your surfing habits to 3rd party advertisers.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

this was an issue with the widows 10 version from 2015-2016

they were likely sued for privacy violations and are now required to give you an option to opt out (which are fairly easy to setup) with all new versions.  this is setup when the computer is freshly installed or after via a script/program.

there are tons of apps that do this just google them...

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

They have no idea what they are talking about or are fcking with you. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.