bob asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

How can I install Microsoft Office 13 from a file I copied from my old computer?

Got a new computer, so I'm trying to transfer Office from my old one.  I copied the Microsoft Office file from the Program Files folder of my old computer.  How can I use this file to create a bootable iso or executable file?

Note: the old computer has been wiped

You can't just copy programs like back in DOS days, the programs are much more inter=twinned into the computer.  If you don't have the installation disks or files, you're out of luck.

I agree, you probably can not move it.

BUT- nothing wrong with Libre Office.....its free and it works. Been using it for several years- no issues.

You can check the enclosed link, but I would get the latest copy of Office if I was you.

Not sure that works, but I just went to Libreoffice. Adequate for daily personal use and you can't beat the price.