Is low IQ more common in the LGB?

Sometimes it seems like LGB people have higher IQs on average, and sometimes it seems like they have lower IQs.

• reme_1
    Favorite Answer

Everybody is different.

• D1218

Nope. I've seen some gay geniuses. So what the hell. Lol 😅

• Sasha Whitefur
      3 weeks agoReport

I'm a bisexual transwoman, and my IQ is 137, near-genius level.

• Tyler

iq is honestly a pointless term and intelligence cant be quantified with a linear number, so who cares

Just as in any group of people--Republicans, Southerners, Basketball Players, Chefs, etc--there is a wide range of intelligence among gay people. I hope this is a troll question, because if not, you might be a little low on the IQ spectrum.

On average, LG people have IQs that are 1 standard deviation higher than average. (about 10 points)

• Sam
      3 weeks agoReport

How did you arrive there?   I would be curious to see the data. 

Gosh, now that you mention it, I've seen some straight people with high IQs AND some with low IQs, too! That's weird!

Just the opposite. Anecdotal evidence suggests LGBT people have higher IQ's than average.

I don't see why there should be any correlation between sexual orientation and intelligence, except that low intelligence is probably linked to paedophilia because it can be a form of developmental delay.

• Sam

The ratio between higher and lower IQ in the LGB group is the same as in the total population.   

There are also as many different types, real and stereotypical,  of homosexuals as there are different types of heterosexuals.

Actually there are more heterosexuals who have stereotypically gay mannerism. There are more gays with stereotypically straight  mannerisms.   In other words, you wouldn't know the difference unless they told you. 

Source(s): I personally know gay and lesbian police officers, however, if you get pulled over for speeding, I would not suggest that you ask the police officer if he is gay, or if she is lesbian. Do that at your own risk.

l don't think so. l generaIIy think of gay men as being more successfuI, not that they're smarter. Lesbians generaIIy do not seem to be more successfuI than straight women though. BisexuaIs seem pretty average to me.