Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Could I get into Med School if I did an online BS/MS in 9 months?

So I saw an ad on University of Phoenix that you could complete a BS/MS in less than 1 year. The great thing about Phoenix is that it is accreditated and they posted that 98% of their graduates earn a $70,000 salary following graduation. The BS can be completed at your own pace but most people finish it in 1 year. For people who want to an expedited degree you can do everything in 6-7 months. The masters can be completed in 2 semesters or 8 weeks. Every semester is 4 weeks long.

• drip

The University of Phoenix will tell you what ever you want to hear.  Your classes that are required by medical schools won’t be accepted if taken at this for profit school. 

None of your science prerequisites for admission to med school will be acceptable. You have to do the laboratory work in your sciences, and you likely do not have fully equipped biology-chemistry laboratory facilities in your basement. There are additional prerequisites to qualify to apply for admission to med school which you will not meet with any online degree.

NO. It is totally impossible to get an BS AND an MS in less than a year online. Yiu gave totally contradictory information in your question

A term, a QUARTER, NOT A SEMESTER, is 8 weeks long, not 4 weeks or 12 to 16 weeks long like a regular semester. You take at most 2/courses per term, AND you ha e to take MORE courses to graduate because the terms at

re shorter. .180 credit hours for a bachelors an instead of 120, and 48/ Reddit hours for a masters instead 30 to 36 credit hours. R You get ALMOST NO VACATION time between terms. There are NO inter sessions. You go to ALL THE TIME. You will very likely have mental breakdown after three terms.

Tiu need to read the course catalogs and the fine print. You CANNOT earn both an BS and an MS in 9 months. No medical school in the USA will accept that.

I HAVE gone to school online. I walked away from BOTH masters degree programs. I already have 1.9 masters degrees.

.

Haven’t you asked this already? No you won’t get in but the committee will get a good laugh

• MS

You will not get the med school prerequisites in a 6-7 month (or even 9-12 month) course at University of Phoenix, which is mostly a scam operation.  I can guarantee that a degree from there will not get you into medical school.

• Brian

If they actually posted "98% earn $70K...", I'd look long and hard for a fine print disclaimer. I'm not sure that the government will hand out a student loan for that place.

• Brian

As far as I know, there is no "Snell" loan.  Even google comes up empty.  And yes, the government DOES care, as it doesn't make the loan to YOU, but to the university.  One of the reasons that ITT Tech went under is that the govt. stopped making loans to it.

You have to take the mcat. If your score is high enough, you might get accepted by a med school. 

Just because it says it’s accredited doesn’t mean that other universities accept it as an accredited college or even accept the degree. 

I doubt it.