Why doesn’t my girlfriend appreciate this?

I spent a while writing this poem for my girlfriend who I’ve been dating for about a year. Today I finally surprised her with the poem that I had made her. It meant a lot to me writing this for her and I was excited for her to finally read it. She gets home and I asked her if she’s read it and she replied with “not yet gimme a sec”.  An hour passes and she still hasn’t looked or read the poem despite knowing how special it was for me. We call each other and she still hasn’t read the poem and is now laying in bed. I asked her if she was going to read the poem tonight and she said no. I told her the poem was supposed to be read that night as there was something on it that related to that day but she still said she was lazy and didn’t want to read it. She told me she would just read it in the morning. I eventually got sad and expressed my feelings towards her but she still didn’t care and chose not to read it. What would you do? Why doesn’t she want to read this? I honestly don’t know how to feel.

Grow a pair of testicles. Stop being the woman in the relationship. Don’t do feminine things like write a poem or get really sad because she didn’t read it. Until you become the man, you’ll get no respect. 

• Susie

Sounds like a control or narcissistic tactic.