If the U.S Didn't involve themselves in Vietnam how different would it be today?

I mean the President pulled out the army in 1975, and nothing was really done I believe. I think the communist took over, but the U.S has diplomatic relations with them still

No different. As well as our presence in the Middle East. No different.

• Edwena

China would own all of southeast Asia, up to the border with India. That would include Indonesia.

All I know is 50,000 Americans died over there so my backpack and shoes, both American brands, have "Made in Vietnam" on the labels.

We'd still be a conservative nation and many liberal "activist leaders" of the 1960s and 70s would be unrecognized today.

The fear with Vietnam and Afghanistan was that communism and the USSR would have spread farther. Vietnam wouId have spread to southeast Asia and eventuaIIy couId enter AustraIia then, and Afghanistan was the gateway to lndia and the MiddIe East. That doesn't seem very IikeIy to have happened now though after the fact. Some say the Vietnam War started hippie cuIture which basicaIIy shaped our entire society into what it is today.

many lives would have been saved.  LBJ was wrong to escalate it.

• there would be a lot more living people 

We cut off relations in the '70s, and didn't reestablish relations until the '90s. No one can predict history, it's like saying what would have happened if Germany and Japan won World War II? What happened if we invaded the Soviet Union during Operation Unthinkable?

• Susie

That war is something I still don’t understand. We had the power and the ability to win it.  I think it was more political, unfortunately we lost a lot of men. 

• Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

You don't understand it because it was about heroin. Did you hear heroin mentioned once on the news in relation to 9/11 and the war in Afghanistan?