Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 weeks ago

Was it rude to suggest sharing expenses?

We have been dating for 3 months and now just starting to know more about his salary and expenses. Recently when we were out for dinner, I suggested that I don't mind starting to share expenses, but he said there is no need. I said I don't want to be those girls and he said he knows. Was it rude to suggest? He knows that I have less expenses than him, and he is supporting his parents too.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Susie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

You don’t have to “share” expenses. You can just make the invitation to a concert/play, festival, or sports event and then you get the tickets etc. Or cook dinner occasionally. Everything doesn’t have to be split down the middle. Good relationships are a give and take. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i dont think so

• 4 weeks ago

Not rude at all, and in my opinion, you couldn't have handled it better because you didn't press the issue.

• 4 weeks ago

Not rude to suggest it at all.. in fact it was a lovely gesture.

If he does't want to split bills, then one time you go out, say at the outset - this is on me - my treat. Do that every couple of times... Or get tickets in advance for the theatre or cinema and take him as your guest.. that way you will feel like you are contributing

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Don't worry about the offer. Maybe suggest a "them what asks pays" rule, where you would treat him if you suggested the night out.

• Nicey8
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Let him pay for the time being. A guy has his ego.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.