Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 weeks ago

Was it rude to suggest sharing expenses?

We have been dating for 3 months and now just starting to know more about his salary and expenses. Recently when we were out for dinner, I suggested that I don't mind starting to share expenses, but he said there is no need. I said I don't want to be those girls and he said he knows. Was it rude to suggest? He knows that I have less expenses than him, and he is supporting his parents too.

• Susie
    Favorite Answer

You don’t have to “share” expenses. You can just make the invitation to a concert/play, festival, or sports event and then you get the tickets etc. Or cook dinner occasionally. Everything doesn’t have to be split down the middle. Good relationships are a give and take. 

i dont think so

Not rude at all, and in my opinion, you couldn't have handled it better because you didn't press the issue.

Not rude to suggest it at all.. in fact it was a lovely gesture.

If he does't want to split bills, then one time you go out, say at the outset - this is on me - my treat. Do that every couple of times... Or get tickets in advance for the theatre or cinema and take him as your guest.. that way you will feel like you are contributing

Don't worry about the offer. Maybe suggest a "them what asks pays" rule, where you would treat him if you suggested the night out.

• Nicey8

Let him pay for the time being. A guy has his ego.