elci asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Do you agree that low quality processed food is making Americans fatter and unhealthier?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

That, and so many sugary energy drinks, Mountain dew, Diet Coke- ah, it's a long list.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Troy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Processing food makes it affordable for the poor. Their are not enough chickens or chicken feed for every one to eat fat free, free range chicken breast and throw away the rest. Without modern processing most food would be lost through spoilage somewhere between the farm and the fork. Lots of factors to consider.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. It is the substitution of Sugar for fats.

A corrupt Government Food Pyramid.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think mostly it is the fast food outlets, and poor eating choices ... too much refined carbs & sugar & alcohol, not enough vegetables.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nicey8
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Yes. With fast food everywhere, doctors will have their hands full.

• 1 month ago

Yes, I absolutely do.

• 1 month ago

Our diets probably have a bit more fat and sugar than is optimum.  But processed foods are not unhealthy just by their nature.  These days even relatively poor people get plenty to eat, and I think our problem is more that we eat too much than the wrong kind of thing.  Plus we don't work as hard as we used to (physically).

I went out with a girl years ago who cooked like a farmer.  Her family were farmers, but she worked in an office.  The food she cooked was ideal for people who bust their buns in a field all day--plowing, raking, harvesting, swinging a scythe or an axe or whatever.  For an office worker, it was food to make you fat and clog your arteries.  I LOVED the stuff she made--country fried steak, biscuits and gravy, sausages, etc.  But a steady diet of that stuff will KILL you.  Yet, 100 years ago, that's what people ate.  Because they worked it off!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, but it’s cheaper. And if it’s cheaper, then greedy capitalists don’t have to pay their workers as much. And if they don’t have to pay their workers as much, then the money can keep trickling up to the top. 

• 1 month ago

Yes             

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.