Jay asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Should I admit myself to a Mental Treatment Center?

Im more scared with each passing day. My anxiety is worse than ever and the future keeps looking more bleak. Ive seen numerous therapists for anxiety and depression. I can't hold down jobs. Im broke. I have no close friends. Im only alive because im afraid to kill myself. Im concerned about cost, insurance, and disappointing my parents. Would things get better or worse if I went? Would they take me, and for how long? Ive been in the middle of a nervous breakdown for weeks now and have nightmares every night. No one to discuss this with. Anyone have experience with psychiatric units or know anyone who has? 

• all you have to be is energy

Yes of course you should! Dear, your LIFE is in danger! One emotional outburst, you decide to step in front of a car and your life is over!

Reviewing your past questions I see you have been diagnosed with aspergers, depression, and generalized anxiety disorder.  You say you are 40 years old and currently live with your retired parents in Florida because you can not support yourself.   In one question you say you can not hold down a job but later on in that same question you say you have held down a part-time job for the last three years.  You say you have seen numerous therapists before but you currently have no one to discuss your current situation with so that would seem to indicate you are not in therapy right now so why not contact your local Social Services office and ask to speak with a social worker.  You can discuss your current situation and see what assistance they can offer.  They should be able to provide you with contact information for the local health department and state mental health services as well as a listing of all the hospitals and clinics in your area that can provide mental health services.

I'm curious as to why you would want to kill yourself in the first place? Listen, I get it, I've been there. I was like you once. Chronically depressed to the point of committing suicide, even trying multiple times. But don't be like me. Don't come to the point where you are about to lose your life, only to realize how amazing, beautiful and what a gift life truly is. Life is both ugly, dark, stressful and negative. But you also can't deny it's also beautiful, amazing, full of adventure with endless possibilities to create something wonderful. As someone who has not only accomplished all of my dreams, but realized that life is not about what happens to you, but how you choose to respond and create something meaningful out of it, I look back and realized how much I didn't know. Life is truly in your hands. Or you can choose to be the kindest, most amazing, loving and positive human being and change the world in a positive and meaningful way while also accomplishing your dreams..

• Shalani2 months agoReport

I can only offer you advice. The decision is ultimately yours. I hope you make the right decision for yourself. Wishing you nothing but love, peace and happiness with whatever decision you choose.