Had a dream that my wife was sleeping with another woman?

To better describe what happened in the dream, I was engaged to be married to my real life wife. In the dream, she was in a relationship with another woman, that began before we were engaged, and continued while we were engaged ( with my knowledge). In the dream I asked her if she was still seeing the other woman, and she said yes. I told her, it needed to stop. She replied " but I needed it ". That's when i woke up. 

Just to clarify, I am not cheating on her, I have never cheated or thought about cheating, she has not cheated on me in the past, nor do believe she is cheating on me now. I'm only asking, because of how this dream has made me feel, all day long. 

Any dream experts out there that can shed some light on this?

Basically you are dreaming about "unfaithfulness." Whether her partner is seen, in your dream, as being with a man or a woman is not what the dream is trying to show you. You might want to think about the fact that basically you have thought of your wife as cheating on you, so why is this?  Is this really all about her, or is it all about you? Look back on this past week or these past few days, and ask yourself, "What set this type of thinking off?"  Did something special happen?  Or something quite odd or different?  Once you get to the key incident, you will have a better grasp of what this dream is all about.  

I don't think it's related to sex.

Maybe you feel that a part of the intimate life or your wife is still out of your reach. This intimacy is not with another woman, but with herself. The other woman is herself.

Your are  a couple, but also two independent persons. In a way there is you part of a couple, and you independent of this couple.  It's the same thing  for her. It's only normal.

This fact feels important to you in your dream, and maybe it's linked with some event in your day life.

It's symbolized by the fact that part of her pleasure is out of your reach in the dream.

Anything you can do I can do better  ....jealousy is macabre in the soul of a sociopath

😄

It sounds to me like you love your wife but cheating on her has crossed your mind.

So the dream mashed that into one. Your love and fear.

The reason you picture HER cheating, is because you were thinking about how you would feel if it was the other way around.

you might just be afraid shes going to do that