Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

I have the last school newspaper (my class & college we’re attending)that was published before graduation. Should I tag my class on Facebook?

And if so, should I cross out the colleges with my iPhone’s “sharpie”?  The front page of the school’s newspaper is the names of all the graduates and the colleges they will be attending. Although, some of my classmates, including myself, either dropped out of said college, or transferred to another college. In addition, one of my classmates, who is now deceased, is listed as “undecided” for his college. So I don’t want it to seem like I’m bashing the dead, since everyone else in our class had a college listed.  We graduated almost 23 years ago, so I figured maybe this would be a nice trip down memory lane. Although, I’m skeptical because I don’t want to put them all on the spot, since some of them didn’t remain in said college.  

I’m not embarrassed at all about having dropped out, but am concerned about my classmates if I post this, thus the “crossing out of colleges” suggestion so that only their names are shown.

Save your school newspaper the way it is.  It's history.

You could attach a sheet noting what has become of the classmates whose later activities you know about.   In many cases, there's a classmate who keeps track of such things.  If your class has such a one, maybe you could get in contact with him or her.

thats up to you if you want to do that

As I told you yesterday, don't list the college and don't post it on Facebook.

thats up to you if you want to do that or not

• g

Again, don't post it at all. Save it for reunions.