Anonymous

Why do people bring a notepad to class but not take notes? ?

I realized one of my classmates always bring a notepad to class and puts it on the table with a pen but never ever take notes. He just sits there and listens to the powerpoint slides. Why did he bring a notepad then? Just out of curiosity...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

He probably has it out and ready just in case there is something he feels that he should write down. It sounds like he's more of an auditory learner and doesn't need to write down much.  But it also sounds like he's a prepared student and is ready to take notes if he thinks it necessary.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

I'd bet he has access to the PowerPoint presentation. Most professors seem to post their slides these days as a matter of course, most of the rest will provide them if requested, and every professor will provide them if it's some sort of "reasonable accommodation" for a disability. 

So he's waiting for his professors to say something that -isn't- on the PowerPoint slides, and he'll write it down if they do. And so far the lectures have come directly from the slides, so he doesn't bother writing anything down since he has it already. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I know I would if there was something important 

• 4 weeks ago

maybe so his teacher dont bother him about it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Laurie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Some people can remember what they hear, and rarely need to take notes. Sometimes, the teachers don’t say anything worth writing down.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.