Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 3 weeks ago

Do I have Diabetes?

Hi, Im 20 years old and lately I have started to realize i have some sort of blood sugar problem. For as long as i can remember I have gotten to points where I get so hungry I am very dizzy and lightheaded but i have always just thought that it was part of life. Recently though whenever I drink alot, the next day I have these awful experiences where I get so hungry and lightheaded that I come very close to passing out. I have asked all my friends if they have the same thing and none of them ever experience this. Coffee also causes me to feel extreme hunger and these symptoms.  I have never even thought about diabetes before but I think it kind of makes sense. What should i do? Is there a way to get tested for this or something? SHould i be worried?

a)  Are you always thirsty and drink large amounts? This is another of the symroms of diabetes.

b)  You can go to the local pharmacy and he can do a test on the spot. It is just a pin-prick and putting the small blood drop onto a strip in a small testing machine. You will have the result in around 10 seconds.c)  You can go to your family doctor, exp[lain how you feel and he will do the same test. If he finds a high blood -sugar reading he will order other tests. If they come back with high blood-glucose readings, the doctor will put you on medication or insulin, depending on the severity.

Your doctor can tell you

It doesn't sound good. Although sometimes people's blood sugars can drop and make them lightheaded and dizzy if they haven't eaten in a long time, it shouldn't happen often. I've never heard about the coffee thing, maybe it's a caffeine thing idk. The best thing to do is go to your doctor and tell them about your symptoms, they'll most likely take a blood sample and check your blood glucose levels to determine whether you're diabetic or not or if there is another problem

• Murzy

A blood test for your A1C.