Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Whats wrong with puppy ????

hey guys right now I have a German shepherd and he's only 9 weeks old. I bought him about 2 weeks ago but I've noticed that his stomach makes a lot of noise after he eats,   even at night you can hear it.  it sounds like something is bubbling inside.   I took him to the vet and he said it could be because my dog eats too fast,   I'm kind of worried that there could be something else wrong with him.   I do admit that my puppy eats really really fast,  and then he starts running around playing with a full stomach.  what could be the issue???? im scared something else could be wrong.  Anu advice 

Me Basset Hound puppy had that same problem. The vet told me to stop feeding him chocolate, onions and raisins. That solved the problem. 

• Jojo

How many times a day do  you feed this pup? At 9 weeks old he should be having 3 meals a day or maybe 4 smaller ones in this case. Loud Stomach noises  are usual in some dogs. I once had a female GSD who ALWAYS had a noisy gut and it made the most strange noises that often could be heard 10 yards away even when she was outside. Many times I thought I heard `voices` when out on a remote walk in the countryside, only to realise it was my dogs stomach talking. It never seemed to cause any problems throughout her life. 

Knowing what food you are actually feeding to your puppy could have helped a bit more in giving a positive answer. If your vet is not concerned then I doubt there is anything for you to worry about.

Source(s): GSD owner for 57 years.
  • Trisha

What kind of name is Puppy?

• keerok

Even your tummy rumbles now and then. It's normal. Be more worried if his stomach doesn't rumble. As long as the puppy doesn't show any discomfort, all is fine.

If you're really worried though, try replacing his dog food. Do it a little at a time like a normal serving of his old food minus 1 spoon plus 1 spoon of the new one. If he eats all and no ill effects after 5 days, try 3/4 old and 1/4 new. Then half-half, then 1/4 old and 3/4 new then finally all new. Poop may become more mushy for a day or two but should go back to normal after 4. Watch out more on behavior and that grumbling sound and make sure he gets all his shots and deworming on schedule.

• CDog

The slow feeder bowl is a good idea. I wouldn't worry too much, though. Our German Shepherd had a noisy stomach all her life and she lived to be 14.

i would talk to your vet about it

get a puzzle bowl (https://www.chewy.com/outward-hound-fun-feeder-int... 

like this

too slow him down, my pittie had a similar issue and after we spaced his food more and such he didnt have the noise as loud

You have to euthanize him he's suffering