Am I still considered a full-time student if I am enrolled in 9 credits of coursework at one school and 4 credits at another school?

Both schools state that a full-time student is the one enrolled in 12+ credits of coursework. Basically for each school I would not be considered "full-time," as I am not enrolled in 12+ credits. But, technically, I am a full-time student since I will be taking 13 credits of coursework this semester. Can anyone clarify whether I am full-time or part-time based on my case?

If asked, how should I answer that question? I am taking 13 credits of coursework. That's full-time work. 

• di

IF you are taking 9 cr at one school and 4 at another THROUGH AN AGREEMENT with both schools, you "home" school will consider you full-time, and the 2nd school will not consider you at all.  If you are just enrolled at 2 different schools, your combined status does not matter, as you can receive financial aid only at ONE school at a time.  You should speak to someone at the registrars office about your situation.

• MS

You might consider yourself a full-time student, but each of those schools will likely consider you part-time unless there is some agreement between them to combine the credits and count them together.

• keerok

Cross-enrolled? Wow! I would consider that full-time.

you might be, i would ask one of your schools about it

You are part-time, albeit part-time at two different schools. it's rather like holding down 2 part-time jobs. You're part-timer at each, no benefits at either.

• .

No.

You are not.  You aren't a full-time student at either school.