Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

Writers: Is this normal? Please help!?

Okay so my friend is a writer, she gets super emotional when she writes a sad scene like a character getting severely hurt or goes through a breakup with another character and when she writes a death scene she calls me full on sobbing to the point where I can barely understand her saying that she killed so and so character off and she's a horrible person for doing it. 

How do I get her to stop this behavior or is it just a writer thing? 

It might just be a writer thing, I get sad when I have to write a sad scene and I yell at my characters when they (I) do something stupid that they (I) did. 

So don't be harsh to your friend 

it might be a writer thing

Perhaps she should change her career. Sounds as if writing is not for her. She sounds like a drama queen to me. An attention getter. 

Seems a bit over-dramatic and attention seeking to me. Granted she could just be a super emotional person but it still strikes me as ridiculous. Ask her (without judgment) why she does this. If it doesn't sit right with you or it feels like she's just looking for attention then tell her nicely it needs to stop.