How do I find deceased parents adoption records?

My mother was adopted at birth, as was her brother. They dont have the same biological mother. All i know is she was adopted in Colorado and im sure its a state that has closed records. She just passed away, she showed interest in finding out where she came from but never got the opportunity. If i can i want to fimd out for myself and my siblings. Is it possible 

Have your DNA tested by Ancestry.com. I was very surprised when a 2nd cousin contacted me, who I didn't know about. The DNA that is a match is highlighted on my tree. Of course, that's just one way and you may need to have some blanks filled in first. You need to find her adoption record, to learn what her birth name was then you can search that name for birth records, and go back from there. Search her personal files.

• Maxi

Ask for copies of their birth certificates from the counties in which they were born.

Consult a lawyer