C asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 weeks ago

I have broke my collarbone twice and may have to have surgery, will I still be able to play football?

It depends; were you able to play before?

But seriously, we're not doctors and we haven't seen the x-rays.  I'd say you probably can play next season but I'm not a doctor.

Either broke or have broken but never have broke

Source(s): English language
  • Cu Tie

Yes, but you need to make a decision now on whether you are going to have the surgery. If you have the surgery now, you should be able to make it back in time for this upcoming season. 

Yahoo Answers tradition of kids asking questions to strangers instead of their doctors seems to just as strong as before. 

Yes you can do it!

• Kathy

Not for quite awhile.

• ?

Probably, but it wouldn't be advisable. Depending on your age, and the type of surgery done, the bone may take years to recover, and might never be the same as it was, so there would be an increased risk of another break, and every time you suffer the same injury, the chances of complications, and the recover time both increase.