Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

If a site accepts visa credit cards, will it accept prepaid visa cards?

I’m not old enough to open a bank account but I don’t like bothering my parents to use their cards. Please don’t tell me to use their cards, I have a job and I’d rather buy stuff on my own with a prepaid card. So, if I wanna order from a site that accepts visa credit cards, will it accept prepaid visa cards? Thanks!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Not always. First, many prepaid cards can only be used in person, in a real brick-and-mortar store, and cannot be used online on any site. Second, many websites only accept real credit cards and do not allow any prepaid cards or any debit cards.

• ron h
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Few legit sites will refuse a visa / mc debit card.  And i'm not confident that you're right about prepaid's. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

it really depends. prepaids can be hard to use

• ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

For that to work, you'll need to register the card in your name with the bank that's behind the card.  I dunno if the bank can / will allow a minor to register the card. It's POSSIBLE that a bank closeby offers student banking that MIGHT open a chekcing account for you with a debit card.   I'd also phone the co you want to buy from and ask them.  Call the line you'd use to order.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

it might, but not always. years ago I was using a lot of them because i found a way to buy them at a discount. That way has since dried up so I no longer do it.

I recall one year buying something from BJs online, it was near x-mas and they either did not have a surcharge or it was small... like 5%.  Anyway,  I could not get any gift card to work so I called and they said they flat out do not accept them online. In stores, yes.  Apparently there is a ton more fraud associated with them online.

By the way, no legit company will willingly sell to you as a minor. Not ebay, not amazon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yeah, a prepaid card is called a debit card, and for all intents and purposes online it functions like a standard credit card.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They should. Try it, you have nothing to lose.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes they will.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.