Is this man stupid?

He said a chinese restaurant run by white people doesn't count as a chinese restaurant, a Mexican restaurant run by chinese people doesn't count as Mexican restaurant. I just lost 10 brain cells I want my sanity back lmao

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It is because people who have spent their whole lives eating and cooking Chinese food probably have a better appreciation of the taste and a better understanding of how to make it. 

Also it seems more authentic to see Mexicans running a Mexican restaurant and Chinese people running a Chinese restaurant. 

Otherwise it is like seeing a Chinese reggae band or a Swedish mariachi band. It is just not authentic. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • D1218
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Maybe. It's depends. Or he's just ignorant and very arrogant.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, a restaurant is defined by the food they sell, not the people working there, but there's always a degree of trepedation in any establishment (especially at the fast food end of the scale) where the people arent making food from their native land. Its reasonable to assume a chinese person in a chinese restaurant is making food they were taught while growing up, that they've had years of making, and watching other people make, the dishes that they have on offer. A rich tradition of chinese cookery is rare in a white family, and who wants to buy food from someone whose only qualification was googling the receipe for black bean sauce?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.