promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Do some men fall in love with a woman because she has been through a lot of suffering?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I'd say so.  I think it's part of biological drive to protect, and make women feel secure.  Nurses sometimes fall in love with male patients they tend to, out of their caring and nurturing nature. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Not because of the suffering per say but because of how strong they are because of what they have been through I would think. Possibly an evolutionary tactic whereby the woman who has survived the mos trauma is the best bet for carrying on the genes and most likely to pass on that strength through genetics

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

that's pity not love

having empathy for a woman that is suffering shows you are not indifferent but that is not love.

You can fall in love with someone who has been through a lot of hard times. Those experiences may  have built character and strength you admire but suffering itself is not something that makes you attractive.

• 2 months ago

Yes, men love vulnerable women who they can manipulate into believing he is the only one she can depend on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Sure some do.

It takes every kind to make life worth living.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Guys with savior complexes will often go for the damsel in distress (and then usually kick themselves for it later). Relationships work best when both partners are equally mentally healthy and productive.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i think thats possible

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

not quite

A spoiled naive girl who worries about too many insignificant things can be a turn-off for some guys though

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don't think that going through a lot of suffering alone qualifies as a reason why some men may fall in love. I believe some men can fall in love with a woman in spite of her experiencing a lot of suffering. If the woman has maintained a good attitude with her life despite her suffering, a man could find that admirable and worthy of his affections. 

• 2 months ago

Love is pretty complicated, but I expect there are a number of men who want to protect their women from trouble , including trouble from the past that they still deal with

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.