Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 3 weeks ago

Did Harry & Meghan Markle really leave voluntarily, or were they kicked out?

Favorite Answer

Her performance as a royal was sadly well below par.

Bullying staff, unreasonable demands, extended holidays, hypocrisy, pity party tv interviews, rudeness to foreign visitors etc

They over played their hands, it seems they thought they were indispensable, they were wrong.

They will not be missed.

The racism nonsense is just the default position who seem to believe she should have been given a free pass as she is not white.

Now that would have been racist.

• patty

I wonder if Harry always intended to take his family out of England to get away from the press. Perhaps he believes they were part of the reason his mother died.

Left Voluntary after all the Racist abuse from the media

No, it would seem they thought they could adapt the role to suit them, or threaten to walk. The Palace chose the latter option. There would have been no problem if they had carried on as before, but all things considered, going and making their own way is probably the best option. They only have to look at the example of their Great Aunt to see what being the only sibling of a monarch was like.

• Clo

Harry wanted to not be a full-time working royal, but he did not want to leave the official role completely. I think that the Palace courtiers did not think things through to find a compromise to help the couple achieve that goal. There is the possibility that this was not an achievable goal.

Harry was tired of the negative and hounding treatment of the media and wanted tp be somewhat "out," something that he has wanted to do in the past, he says, but he did not want to be completely out.

To a certain extent, they left involuntarily, claiming that they were being hounded by the press. Dear Harry and Meghan wanted half in, half out, wanting all of the trappings but, none of the perspiration. Grandma'ma was of a different mind and with a little help from a silver buckled shoe, made up his mind for him.

They were NOT kicked out as you put it.  

According to Harry, Meghan was having a problem with the British (and other!) press but somehow I really don't buy that.  She, rather like Diana who certainly encouraged the media, appeared to be quite able to smile at a camera, wherever there was one.   But what you perhaps saw in the 'public face', by all accounts wasn't what she was like behind the scenes.   I just regret how Harry 'changed' once married to her.  He was always smiling and happy before, but gradually became more sullen and at times, looking downright unhappy. 

It might be said they had no option but to leave and try to make a life outside the country and Harry's family.  I'm afraid it's all too easy to wonder whether there wasn't a plan on the part of his wife, from the get-go.   Time will tell, but I doubt this story is anywhere near finished.

The former, but they felt compelled to leave by the behavior of the British press.

• Verulam 1
      3 weeks agoReport

I'm afraid I find that BS.  Yes Harry might have become overly protective of his 'wonderful woman' but I'd have thought with a bit of SHUTTING UP, not feeding the media, should have prevented the need to flee?

I think  Harry  like  his  great uncle  before  him King Edward  was  given a  choice,  Harry  chose MM, i do think  MM was  kicked  out

• Bill

they left voluntary because they wanted a private life