james asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Why do i never get any replys on my questions?

Most of the time i get like 1 or none like can anybody see this right now?

I thought it was my questions but as soon as i make a new account and post the same question i get like 5 upwards replys??

Maybe it's because you don't bother to use punctuation, you just drone on and on, with mostly crap... and PLEASE tell me how something can be 'like' 5?  What is 'LIKE' 5?  4? 3? what??? Write in English in a way people can understand, and you may get more answers. 

• Daniel

Could be Due to Dear Abby type and Chat Questions a lot of people Tend to Avoid Answering those

• .

The real key is getting the correct answer or a helpful answer (unless your post is a relevant poll or survey, where quantity is more useful).

.

Some reasons questions don't get any/many answers are:

*They are posted at low YA user times of day

*They are posted in low activity categories

*They are poorly worded or not understandable/gibberish

*They are complex and not many would know the answer

*They don't interest the people who saw them

*They are trolling or aren't questions (but statements or requests)

*They are posted in the wrong category or not the best category to get good answers *Some users refuse to reply to a question posted by a user using the Anonymous feature  

*Your question is only visible to you due to it being hung in the spam filter (log out of your account OR try viewing your question in another browser in which you aren't logged in to your YA account. If you can see the question, then it's fine. If you can't, then go into it and move it to another category, then back where it belongs. Check it again with a non-logged in account. Once you can see it, you can feel sure others can see it too).

• I just looked at your questions most are on fitness and dating.  Dear Abby type questions don't get many answers here.  Even in the past when the site was more active.  I know I don't go near those categories.   I would also make sure what category your questions are based on.  I have seen one in mental that had nothing to do with the question.  You need to change the categories of those questions.  Some categories fill up fast and questions do get lose while the time of day and the day of the week will also have something to do with activity.   Not much more you can do but keep trying.  Questions right now do not cost you any points but make sure you give favorite answers which will let people know you give people credit for answering.

Yes, I can see your question. Every time you set up a new email account you are back at level 1 and are limited to 5 questions and 20 answers per Yahoo day. There a lot fewer people participating on YA  now than there were in 2013. There are more question answer websites, like Quora , Reddit, Disqus, and Facebook's Ask.com, which are moderated by paid or compensated human moderators in addition to the users. If you PST your questions on YA at low activity times like a Saturday evening in the USA of when people in the USA are putting other people to bed, getting ready for bed or in bed sleeping or trying to sleep, you questions are going to get free answers. If your questions are too technical, too sob story, personal drama king/queen rants, obvious homework questions or questions where you can do your own google or Bing searching, your questions are going to get fewer answers than they used to. 

• Dale-E
      3 weeks agoReport

Why so many down votes, Carol? There are certain categories that are more populated with live breathin Answer people.. But hey kid, good grouping of alternate answer gatherings. Have you tried them all?

people mightve reached their limits and cant answer questions the rest of the day

• Murzy

Are they too long or too complicated?

Some of your questions are chat violations and some member's don't answer that type of question.