What benefits can I get as a 20 year old military child?

My father abandoned me before I was born and I just found out a week ago that he works for the military. So I was wondering if there are any benefits that I can try to get now. I am also currently in a four year college.

nothing.. you get nothing at all .. 

1. If you think you're a child at 20 years old you've got big problems.

2. As others have said, unless you're enrolled in DEERS and recognized as a dependent, you get nothing.

Sorry, but unless he wants to claim you as a dependent you get nothing.

Non, the Military does not see you as anything you are not a Military Child you are a civilian

• Mrsjvb

Probably nothing.  You would have to have been enrolled in DEERS before your 18th birthday in order to keep  benefits after that as full time college student

• NWIP

Works for the military or is in the military? Are you even sure it is him? Does he know you exist? 

If he works you get nothing beyond maybe medical. He is a DoD worker or contractor 

If he is in then he would have to recognize you as his (DNA test required), put you in DEERS and then benefits are limited, single and 21 or 23 if in college full time. Medical, base access and a few other things.

• Daniel

You aren't going to get anything unless you are legally recognized as his dependent and he enrolls you in DEERs.

Also, 'working for the military' isn't the same as being 'in the military.'  If he is a civilian employee, then about all you are entitled to is healthcare as with any other employer.