What should I do?

Someone close to me keeps trying to tell me when and how much food to eat. I’ve told them that I’m not hungry, and they ignore me and try to FORCE me to eat. I don’t listen to them, and I eat when I’m ready to. When I am ready to eat, they wanna tell me that I HAVE to keep eating. I don’t listen to them and stop eating as soon as I get full. This has been pissing them off. I told them I’m NOT going to eat just because they said so. I don’t care if they get mad anymore. There’s nothing they can do, but they keep on trying. Again, I’m NOT going to eat just because they want me to. Also, my appetite has changed recently, so I don’t feel hungry all the time anymore. I also can’t finish all my food like I used to. In the past before I met this person, I used to be able to eat and eat. My stomach was a bottom less pit, but I always stayed thin. My body isn’t like that anymore. I mean I’m still thin, but I lost the big appetite. 

They said isn’t right that I don’t eat and it worries them. They just want me to eat.  Well, it actually is right because I’m in control of my health. My body doesn’t belong to them 

• kp

You did not tell us how old you are? However, you should eat when you want to eat. Eat a healthy nutritious meal 3 time a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Helen

See a doctor or nutritionist to determine whether your weight and eating habits are healthy. Do you think it's possible you might have developed an eating disorder?

Signs of an eating disorder include:

spending a lot of time worrying about your weight and body shape

avoiding socialising when you think food will be involved

eating very little

deliberately making yourself sick or taking laxatives after you eat

exercising too much

having very strict habits or routines around food

changes in your mood

• Cookie2 months agoReport

Hey!  No signs of an eating disorder 

Forcing someone to eat is assault.   Tell the person that the next time they assault you, you will call the police.

You may wish to see your health care provider to make sure that your eating habits, weight and mental health are ok.    If the doctor says you're fine, you may wish to encourage this other person to do the same.   It sounds like something may be off with one or both of you.