How is it like working at McDonald’s?

I’m 18 years old and I’m going to start working at McDonald’s. it’s going to be my first job and I was wondering how is it like to work there? Is it hard? what things am i going to be doing? Is it a good First  job? 

Update:

And no I don’t want to do the cash register I’m not good with money 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    It's a good first job. For your other questions though depends on the particular McD;s and the particular day. congratulations, and good luck.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • H
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    I can only speak from working at a movie theater and Cici's. Honestly, it's more or less the same. Pretty much work in the heat while dealing with rude customers who treat you like trash. You have to be pretty fast or else the line will stack up and this will anger customers even more. Have to make sure everything is clean and some customers are just plain nasty.

    Food service is terrible but it builds character. It makes you kind to other employees who have to put up with the same. After some time you will be able to relate to their struggles. 

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

    Workplace culture varies depending on ownership/management.

    No one here knows what your job duties will be.   Could be anything from cashiering to assembling food to cleaning restrooms and dining room.

    Plan on some of the customers being crappy.   90% are fine, but the other 10% are rude, unreasonable, lying pigs.    Try to remember the 90%.

    I'd recommend working at a McDonald's that isn't right near your high school.   It can get weird when people you know come in. 

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.