Ashley asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Why am I in so much mental pain?

I'm in so much mental pain. I can't take it. I just want to kill myself. I can't deal with the trauma. I've been isolated for years. I regret everything. I'm not doing anything with my life. I'm not getting any younger. I'm bored. Everyone leaves me. No one ever sticks by me. No one is trying to help me.

• Chanel

Please see your doctor. He/she maybe able to refer you to a good counselor.

You can look forward to the future as you do not know what happiness you will find.

Take steps to change your situation. At first it will be hard but some days you will feel better for doing things.

10 Steps to Attract the Life You Want

By Heather Mathews

Author of Manifestation Miracle

“What you seek is seeking you.” - Rumi

If I told you that you could create the exact type of circumstances you want, would you call me crazy?

What if your very thoughts could create ripples of change that not only impact your life…

…but those around you as well?

Philip, a call center worker from the Philippines certainly didn't think so. He dreamed of moving overseas so he could secure a better life and provide for his family.

But at every turn, his own mind shut down every opportunity he thought of.

For instance, Philip considered seeing an immigration consultant, but he either “didn't have the time” or “couldn't afford it”.

So, he resented his situation and cursed himself (and the world) for his “bad luck”.

He didn't realize that the real culprit was his mindset - not his circumstances.

And it seemed like the more he ruminated, the more bad things happened.

Thus, he kept feeding the cycle of being stuck in a rut and feeling bad, trapping him even more.

That was, until his aunt Sara introduced him to the Law of Attraction.

Turning the tide

Before she moved to California, Sara had been close with Philip and treated him like a son.

She had her own share of struggles finding greener pastures abroad, but she applied the principles from the Law of Attraction to overcome them.

So she sent a few books on the topic to Philip through Amazon so he could gain the clarity to turn his life around.

At first, Philip didn't really think much of it, but he decided to read through the books since his aunt went through the trouble of sending it over.

After he started applying the lessons he learned from the material, things started to change for him.

It came as a complete shock to Philip - he never thought in a million years that making a simple shift in his thinking could have such a direct and POWERFUL impact in his life.

And soon enough, the fog of negativity and despair around Philip lifted and he found a way to make his dreams happen.

Through his persistence, he was eventually able to borrow the money he needed for the consultation fees, and learned the step-by-step process to get work overseas.

Philip was finally able to find a fulfilling and rewarding career in Australia. Not only does he get to support his family back home, he also made friends and enjoys his new life abroad.

Just a few months ago, Philip's parents started their own business, thanks to his help.

At the rate they're going, his family could save enough so they can pass on their business to another relative and follow Philip to Australia. ould wait for Philip to take the offer so they can move there instead.

Whatever option Philip chooses, the possibilities for him are almost limitless.

But he's just one of thousands who made the Law of Attraction to work for him. Like Philip, a lot of people are initially discouraged to try because they think it takes a lot of work.

But the reality is that it's surprisingly easy to get started. You just need to follow these 10 Super Simple Steps to Attract Everything You've Ever Wanted:

Step #1: A little gratitude goes a long way

The first thing you should learn about the Law of Attraction is that it operates on energy.

YOUR energy, to be exact.

Everyone has a different kind of energy they bring into the world, and it affects them in ways they often don't see or appreciate.

The secret lies in the FREQUENCY of a person's energy - and you need to raise yours in order to change your life.

Think of your unique energy as a sort of gas that fills the space of your reality. Whatever “gas” or “energy” you pump out into your immediate space will define your existence.

Viktor Frankl, a psychiatrist and Holocaust survivor, said this in his book, “Man's Search for Meaning”:

“To draw an analogy: a man's suffering is similar to the behavior of a gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering is great or little. Therefore the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative.”

So if you want to invite great things into your life, you need to set the stage first. And you can do that by leading with the right energy.

That's why being grateful and appreciating what you have is powerful way to recalibrate your frequency.

Most folks hold off on feeling this way for AFTER they get what they want. But that's putting the cart before the horse, as the saying goes.

When you LEAD with gratitude, it will act as the precedent for everything good that follows.

What I like to do is start of my day by making a list of things that I'm grateful for. If I miss anything, I save it for later and update my list at the end of my day.

And when I go over my list during the weekend, I'll see exactly how much good stuff I've accumulated.

This creates a kind of snowball effect and helps me attract even MORE good stuff down the road.

Step #2: Be generous

This can be a challenge for some people if they feel like there isn't enough to go around.

But if you take the initiative to SHARE whatever you can without asking anything in return…

… you'll generate the kind of energy that attracts prosperity for everyone…

…including YOU.

Again, this is the Law of Attraction at work.

Try offering your time, talents and material wealth to those who need it - you'll soon invite blessings without even trying.

Step #3: Visualize your future

What I find amazing about kids is how powerful their imaginations are.

When they role-play with other children, you can see in their eyes how REAL their games are to them.

This is something that's lost on grown-ups, and it's important to recapture that ability to envision the kind of reality you want.

The Universe likes to play games with us- the better you are at visualizing, the more you'll be rewarded.

Like I said, a certain type of energy attracts a certain kind of reality.

So if you focus your energy and thoughts on that dream job you want or the car you've always wanted to drive, you'll raise your frequency to ATTRACT those exact things.

Step #4: Let the negativity pass

When the bad times roll in and you feel like dirt, sometimes it's better to step aside and let it run its course.

Having negative thoughts and emotions are totally normal, but you don't always have to wrestle with them.

You can simply acknowledge what's going on in your inner world - then CHOOSE to keep moving forward anyway.

Let this negative energy pass through your system like bad case of gas. The sooner you let it do its thing, the quicker you can get back to what you were doing.

(Sorry for the fart analogy, but it get the point across, doesn't it?)

Step #5: Never stop growing

It's good to have a daily routine in your life, but not at the expense of your personal development.

Most people are so set in their ways that they're afraid of the thought of doing something new.

Then they complain about their humdrum lives, or that some folks “have all the luck.”

Breaking out of your comfort zone is never an easy thing, but it's a step worth taking.

No matter how loaded your schedule is, find some chunks of time to do things that will help you grow.

Whether it's taking an online course, joining a community, or taking up a hobby, this is a powerful way to attract new and exciting things in your life.

Step #6: Avoid the “toxic” crowd

There are people who seem hell-bent on pulling others into their world of misery.

Whether they're trying to lessen their own pain or simply enjoy doing it, you need to steer clear of them.

Instead, choose people who will have the opposite effect on your psyche. Not only does a person's energy attract circumstances, it's also CONTAGIOUS.

So make sure you hang out with the people who'll inspire you to achieve greater things - and not bring you down with apathy or inaction.

Step #7: Give yourself permission to succeed

Most of the world's most brilliant people were put down in some way.

Somewhere along the way, someone told them they'd “never make it” or were “destined to fail.”

In your own life, certain people have tried to discourage you in some way.

They might have tried putting you down when you were growing up - or it could have been last week.

It doesn't matter.

What's important is that you understand that NO ONE can put labels on you.

And more importantly, they can NEVER give you permission to achieve what you want in life. You need to do that for yourself.

Don't let their words define your “story”. You don't have to fit whatever petty narrative they're trying to force on you.

Step #8: Affirm who you are

Instead of feeding into the lies that people tell you, let this be the day to start living your truth.

Create statements that embody the truth you choose to be, AND to live in.

People do this all the time.

When Elon Musk tried to launch the world's first privately owned rocket and failed, he told himself, “I'm going to try again, and I WILL get that thing into orbit.” (Well, maybe not exactly like that, but you get the point.)

And so his company SpaceX went back to the drawing board and got it right after the third attempt.

Elon affirmed his truth and it manifested into reality. In the same way, you can choose to affirm whatever truth applies to you.

Be honest with yourself and acknowledge the things that TRULY matter to you.

You know it, and the Universe knows it.

The key is to repeat it yourself every day...

Learn how I unlocked the secret to ATTRACTING anything AND everything I wanted -AND said Goodbye to stress and money problems 

I understand at least some of your pain. I often feel like everything is hopeless and useless. At the time it's not fun but in time life can change and be better, which is what I have learnt.

Please please please don’t hurt yourself and please get help. Have hope that you can turn this around and reach out to someone or see a doctor. I haven’t dealt with these issues myself so I won’t pretend to have all of the answers but when my best friend had very similar feelings she reached out to her friends and started seeing a therapist, and is in a much happier place.

It's your brain's natural survival mode where it's completely distressed and crying out to be housed in the mental hospital. Black, white and simple ;)

Hello, you sound much like myself a little while back. So I'm going to take a stab at it and tell you that you might know a narcissist. I suffered mental anguish for years and years it turned out my mother was a narcissist. Who turned everyone against me. Even my own daughter. My mother passed away after I found out what she was. But the damage was already done. But the good news is that after getting her and all her flying monkeys out of my life. My mental anguish has disappeared, It took four months before I felt any better. But I am now doing soooo much better. I'm not healed but at least I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will never let any of them back in my life. Please look up narcissistic victim syndrome to see if the symptoms fit.

Unfortunately, the older you get, the more often you have to ask for help rather than just expect to receive it. You have to learn to reach out, and take matters into your own hands. It's hard, especially if you find it difficult to open up. But, all it takes is one doctors trip, or one conversation with your parents or someone at school/work. And if talkings hard, send them a text or write a letter for them to read. It works a treat. From there, you can find and access the help that is available to you.

Often, healing from mental pain requires changes, but not necessarily big ones. Set small goals and choose to achieve them. Things like sleep hygiene, self care, self soothing, learn new stuff, pick up an old hobbies etc, exercise. It all starts and ends with you.

If you feel like you've lost your way, don't know where you're going or what you want to do then that's fine, it's probably more common than you think. A good way to find direction is trying things, or taking free courses in your local area. Explore, learn about things and once you find things that you enjoy and doesn't bore you, go out and smash it, whatever it is, and if you can, work towards turning it into a career!

I hope this has helped, even just a little!

from your posts it sounds like you have borderline personality disorder, it is vital you reach out and seek help as it is a very destructive disorder, help is out there best wishes.

• edward

Of course nobody is there you’ve been “isolated for years”. That means alone. Seems like you’ve brought it upon yourself

• Samuel3 weeks agoReport

depression can stem from many different things, and I highly doubt this person was willingly trying to bring this upon themselves. when you're depressed helping yourself is the most difficult part, so please don't talk to people like that :)

maybe you should get some counseling, it might help you out