I use vinegar to clean my cell phone, what do other people use?

As cell phones are said to be among the germiest things in our lives and need regular cleaning I've always wondered if there are better options than the vinegar I use to clean mine. Do alcohol wipes work just as well? Anything else?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 days ago

buy a jug of clorox wipes. cleans and disinfects perfectly

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

The instructions of mine say to only clean the screen with a clean cloth and water. Vinegar is an acid. So I wouldn't recommend using vinegar to constantly clean your cell phone. You only need very little of a mild soap and water to clean your phone. You are worried about germs so much yet you touch money-- one of the dirtiest things ever (ha, in more ways than one) and let's not talk about where you put your mouth during sexual activity.

• Truthbeatslies
      Lv 4
      2 weeks agoReport

I fully understand how dirty money is and am careful about hand washing after handling it. By the way, I don't put my mouth anywhere "dirty" during sexual activity. There are better options.

• 3 weeks ago

I spray Windex on a soft cloth and then wipe down my phone. There is alcohol in Windex.

• drip
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Vinegar will not kill all germs. I use water and Lysol and wipe it down and dry it

• ...Show all comments
    • drip
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Vinegar will not kill all germs. It was good before we had products that do kills 99% of germs

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Iva
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

YOU JUST DID A GOOD JOB WHY WORRY ABOUT OTHER THINGS???

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Boil it for 20 minutes each night.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Vinegar is a weak acid like citric acid(oranges) and you know if you cut an orange in half and leave half of it just sitting on the counter long enough it will get MOLDY. Wet a cloth in water and add a dab of bleach to it and keep everything in a plastic bag.It is a true disinfectant.Kills everything.Alcohol wipes work too(but I have a gallon of laundry bleach anyways for my whites-so not going out to buy stuff.

• 3 weeks ago

Rubbing alcohol on a lint-free cloth works very well I don't use vinegar because it smells

• 3 weeks ago

I use a household disinfectant wipe then go over it with a screen cleaning spray. 

• 3 weeks ago

I'd stick to using a solvent-based wipe rather than vinegar.

And phones tend to be so dirty because some people have a filthy habit of using them while in the bathroom. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.