Sean
Lv 6
Sean asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Is the Coronavirus anything like the Swine Flu of 2009?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Dr. D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It is estimated that the swine flu of 2009 affected about 20% of the world population and killed up to 579 million people. So far the Wuhan Coronavirus does not match up, but its still early. We will know more in the next week or two. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Nope, it is worse.

• 1 month ago

It hasn't killed as many as the common cold or Flu virus, killed last year.  80,000 people died in the UK last year, due to the common cold and Flu, many would've already had other illnesses or were elderly or very young.

• 1 month ago

Not Swine but apparently its a disease that is somehow connected to Bats, not sure if its anything to do with flu.

In that part of China eating Bats (and other animals) is supposed to be some kind of delicacy, in a kind of soup although its not much of a soup, as from I can gather the Bats are first fried and then placed on the side of a bowl of hot or boiling stew, which to be honest looks allot like dish water.

Whats worrying about all of this is that there are these climate change loonies (Extinction Rebellion) trying to convince everybody that in order to help save the planet eating insects, and other animals that we wouldn't normally eat is a way to help save the planet.

One dreads to think what horrors await us if we allow ourselves to be persuaded to eat insects and such by these climate change crackpot loonies.

• Green Brick
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It would be less damaging to our little country if we ate less beef and more meal worms!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I hear it’s more like SARS from 2003

• 1 month ago

There was swine flu, bird flu, sars, foot and mouth, they are all the same hype. In 1996 there was mad cow disease and even though I was 12 I thought it was nonsense and still ate burgers while some adults wouldn't. There is some scare or other now and again and I don't think it's worth worrying about, this polish beer sounding virus is just more bollox to go with the others.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.